The stud walls are all framed- including a big section of wall that we made them move! I just wasn't seeing on paper or in my mind's eye the fault in how we had it designed and dimensioned until he actually had it framed. But once it was up we realized that moving the wall dividing our kitchen and bathroom just a foot would make all the difference in our kitchen and dining space! I was a little stressed about even asking him to redo all the complicated framing that went into that section of wall, but thankfully he understood and agreed...and of course we will pay for it, but have no regrets on that decision.
That's been one of the hardest parts of this whole process is making decisions and realizing that we will be living with them for a long time - and realizing that we wish we could change some of the things we've already decided, even though we haven't even moved in!
Luckily it doesn't take too much to remind myself that this is a beautiful house that we are so blessed to be able to build on a beautiful piece of land that we can't wait to live on. When it's all done and we're moved in, there will certainly be things we wished we did different, places we wish we had spent more money and things we wished had spent less on, but we will still be so blessed! (And not everything's For Ever...we can still redo or upgrade as we go, as I'm sure we will!)
Now that the walls are framed, they're onto plumbing and electrical! All the practical stuff that makes modern day living pretty convenient!
The plumber was "roughing in" all the venting and piping. And I also did a "walk-through" with the electrician to determine where all the lights get switched from, where all the outlets go, etc. (some of those decisions were surprisingly hard!...but again, once were in, I'll get used to whatever we've got.) presumably they got a lot of the wiring for all of that installed once I left.
Todd and his guys got busy starting to install the exterior finishes while the sub-contractors are busy inside the house! They got part of the finished metal roof installed after I left this morning, so I will be anxious to see that when I go back out!
All for now. I'll leave you with a fun pic of Marlin from a rainy day last week on site. He was in heaven stomping in the mud and playing with his trucks!

No comments:
Post a Comment