While I was at Hopi, I took a couple little excursions to photograph some of the "CARcasses" located near the building site.
Over the mesa's edge from the site, I spotted the cab of a pickup precariously balanced on a rock in the dry wash below. So early one morning before breakfast I scurried down the rocks to let my lens get a closer look.
I had also heard word that an old 70's jalopy was living out it's afterlife down a dirt road to the east.



![]() |
| From Red Feather - Hopi 2008 CARcasses |
P.S. We're off to South Dakota this afternoon. Headed to Rapid City for the Governor's Buffalo Round-Up, which we're very excited about attending. We've been trying for the past several years to make it, and now we'll finally be able to participate in all the fun activities. Back in a week, just in time for the Chuska Challenge.




3 comments:
What amazing photos - both of the CarCasses and the straw bale house build. I also really enjoyed the 9-24 piece about Hopi traditional values and visions. I'm so glad you shared this. What a great thing you did - you as an individual and you as a group.
Aunt Anita
Hi Patricia and Ryan -
Wish we could have been at Hopi this year, we miss that experience from last summer! It's great to read your posts about it though. Hopefully we can make it happen next year now that we're more established in our jobs.
Thanks for your comment on our blog. We've been following yours too...love the pictures and travel stories! You've visited some amazing scenery. Happy Fall! Take Care. Katie & Frank
It looks to me like Hopi's hate Chevys. Rob
Post a Comment