Today I am 39 weeks into this pregnancy and therefore 7 days from the estimated due date. But as much as 'they' can predict when baby will come, and can add up weeks of gestation, no one really knows what brings on labor. Only this Little Fig growing inside me can really know when she/he is ready to come out. Perhaps there were growth delays for whatever reason throughout this pregnancy, and that will mean the Niblet needs a little more than average. Or maybe Baby has gotten such excellent nourishment from my stellar eating habits (...I've been trying anyway!) that (s)he'll be ready any minute, days before (s)he's "due."
Either way, all of your guesses are a good reminder that I could be pushing this baby out (wow, is a small person really going to come out of me?!) as soon as tomorrow or perhaps not for three more weeks. So thank you for that! And believe me, we will do our best to keep everyone posted. So while I am not yet to the point of impatience, I will appreciate everyone avoiding the temptation to ask "No baby yet?!" or "Isn't it time?!"
Not that I don't absolutely appreciate your thoughts, encouragement, and inquiries as to how I am doing. Really I love that, and it's fun to have all the extra thoughts and prayers, etc. so keep those coming.
Well, my mom has made it safely here and as suspected, has already, in just one day, been an amazing help around the house. She's been hard at work helping clean this or do that. Literally within moments of setting foot in my house, she was giving my refrigerator a thorough cleaning. Certainly not necessary, but I'm not complaining. But I did have to remind her that she will be here for a few weeks and if we get everything on the to-do list done in the first day, then what is she going to do? This is not exactly a thriving metropolis with activities galore.
In other news, there is a gang of
I will take that as a good omen. You and me, Mama Swallow.
1 comment:
Promise I won't ask anything, just going to check my email a little more often :) Sending you loads of LOVE!
Post a Comment